I’m representing long established accountancy practice based in Manchester that is looking for a career driven accountant (Qualified or QBE) with a UK based accounts background to carry out the following role:
Duties of the Senior Accountant:
- Preparation of accounts for corporate and non-corporate entities maintaining working paper files to a high and professional standard.
- Review the working papers and accounts drafted by more junior staff and provide assistance and mentoring where necessary.
- Up to date knowledge of the application of accounting standards.
- Preparation of Corporation & Income Tax
- Reasonable taxation, payroll and statutory knowledge required.
- Experience of IRIS, QuickBooks, Sage, Xero is preferable.
The ideal Senior Accountant should be:
- Computer literate with good knowledge of MS Office (MS Excel & MS Outlook in particular)
- Proactive in their approach to the role and the requirements of the firm.
- Ability to communicate and interact with staff and clients on a professional level.
- Able to organise, manage and control their own workload and adhere to client and office deadlines and discretion.
- Capable of working on numerous clients’ affairs, setting & working to budgets as well as the ability to organise, manage and control their workload whilst adhering to office and client deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and interact with clients on a professional level.
- Will report directly to partners
- Minimum 5 years of experience in accounts/auditing in a U.K. practice.
Interested? Send your CV over or call our practice specialist Kinga Pridka on 0113 487 1901.