NC Associates are currently working with a well established and recognisable business based on the outskirts of Wakefield in recruiting an Assistant Accountant to join a small team of 6 finance professionals.
Reporting to the Management Accountant the position will include aspects of Financial Accounting and Management Accounting and the use of SAP operating system on a regular basis.
Duties and responsibilities are to include but no exclusive to:
- Creation of monthly financials for a specific division and further support throughout the month as required.
- Production of VAT returns, Intrastat & EC sales lists for submission to HMRC
Monthly rec to check VAT reporting is correct from SAP
Qtrly VAT submission processed & submitted to HMRC
Monthly submission of Intrastat & EC sales list
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
Including Leasehouse creditor & debtor monthly reconciliation
- Inter-company reconciliation
Monthly reconciliation of inter-company balances including posting of recharge invoices.
Monthly reconciliation for central cash settlement.
- Project work
Development of current systems used by finance (and wider teams)
SAP development -Improving areas key to internal controls such as purchase order systems, SAP workflows/ authorisation.
Business partnering with other departments to develop relationships/department requirements.
- Cover and support for Management Accountant
Month end assistance
Budget upload into SAP
NC Associates would be very keen to speak to individual with the following skills and experiences:
- You will have extensive exposure within a similar role
- AAT qualified is desirable but not essential
- Good working SAP knowledge is key due to a decent system migration
- Strong IT skills including Excel – vlookup, pivot tables etc
- You will be self motivated and confident in communicating proactively at all levels
- High levels or organisation and attention to detail are key
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a fantastic organisation with a family feel who can add value to your existing experience, this company offers a very attractive salary and benefits package which includes excellent working conditions. Please apply for immediate consideration by sending your CV to Liam Connolly at NC Associates.