I am are currently looking for an Audit & Accounts Semi Senior/ Senior candidate who is looking to develop their skill set and join a passionate, close-knit accountancy firm in South Leeds. This will be the perfect job opportunity for a candidate looking to progress and who thrives on a challenge. To be successful in this Accountancy Job you will need to be highly client focused and a confident communicator.
Working with and managing a portfolio of audit and non-audit clients, with a focus on owner managed companies, the Manager/Senior will work directly with the Partners of this fast growing South Leeds based Chartered Firm.
The positions are client facing roles, establishing strong relationships with business owners and directors across the region.
- Acting as a key point of contact for the clients in your portfolio. This includes reacting quickly to client needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the engagement and maintaining regular contact with clients
- Responsible for the performance and management of a portfolio of small, medium and large Limited company clients, operating in a variety of sectors
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, being a main point of contact throughout the year for queries and support
- Develop a strong commercial understanding of the clients’ businesses and any developments within it
- Complete engagements within agreed budgets and timescales and identify potential opportunities for additional billing
- Manage staff resources to ensure engagements have the right mix of knowledge and skills required within the team assigned
- Ensure that the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to at all times
- Identify and recognise service line opportunities with new clients
- Play an integral role in the recruitment, retention, development and motivation of the team
- Acting as a representative of the firm, participates in office marketing events, keeps up-to-date of the wide range of services the firm offers
Personal qualities & attributes
- UK ACCA or ACA. Alternatively, be able to demonstrate significant qualification by experience
- Significant prior experience of managing a portfolio of audit and non-audit clients
- Significant experience of audit testing and accounts preparation, including consolidations, group audits, statutory accounts and disclosures
- Strong technical ability with a working knowledge of recent developments in relation to audit, accounting and tax compliance
- Be able to quickly earn trust and respect amongst senior management, the wider team and with clients
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and a high level of attention to detail
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
If you are interested in this position please send your CV over to us or call us on 0113 487 1900 to find out more.