Cost Accountant / Manchester Centre / Fixed Term Contract – Permanent / Excellent Salary & Benefits Package / Immediate Start.
NC Associates are looking to recruit a Cost Accountant to work for a global business based in Manchester centre. As a Cost Accountant you will support the finance team with the reconciliation of control accounts as well as detailed MI reporting to various stakeholders within the business. Reporting into the senior finance manager you will be tasked with the following duties
- To ensure the accurate accounting of all payroll costs for the whole business as part of the month end process, ensuring costs are charged to the correct cost centres/divisions. Provide commentary for inclusion in month end reviews.
- Provide MI, reporting and analysis on payroll costs, providing details of monthly postings and insight as to variances to budget and prior year (on an employee/role basis if required).
- Maintain a summary of one-off settlement/redundancy costs incurred throughout the year
- Maintain a summary of contractor costs incurred by the business, provide insight and commentary and circulate monthly.
- Prepare the ledger to Retail Cash Tracker payroll costs reconciliation (with the Payroll Data Manager) ensuring that any differences are valid and understood.
- Prepare and develop monthly MI on the personnel, overheads and fixed costs base. Ensure exception reporting is used as appropriate to monitor, challenge and reduce the cost base. Highlight areas of opportunity to stakeholders where savings could be made.
- Lead monthly meetings with non-finance stakeholders (including the Exec team) to cover personnel, overheads and fixed costs. Provide insight on YTD performance, identify areas for improvement.
- Support non-Finance areas reforecast their personnel, overheads and fixed costs monthly.
Essential Experience Required
- Relevant accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Previous experience of investment appraisal, with an understanding of shareholder value
- Strong financial modelling (Excel) skills
- Ability to influence peers and upwards, working closely with field colleagues and Senior Management
Whats on Offer?
This is a great opportunity to work for a market leading organisation which can hopefully lead into a permanent position. You will gain valuable experience within the role as well as obtaining a market leading salary. Please apply for immediate consideration by sending your CV to Wayne Caunce at NC Associates or call 07879-626-501