As an experienced Finance Assistant, you will be working closely with the Finance Manager to deliver financial services both internally and across the sister companies.
The key aspects of your role will be to provide bookkeeping and payroll services as well as working with some external clients in a support role. As your role expands you will be involved with budgeting processes, analysing and interpreting large data sets and providing useful outputs.
Accuracy of information is vital in this role, your attention to detail must be excellent. As you will be in a team that works across a number of functions it is essential that you are able to communicate complex financial data in an easily understandable manner.
- Maintain internal accounts for Capacity, including purchase ledger, sales ledger, bank reconciliations and chasing of overdue debts
- To work with clients to review and improve their processes
- To work with clients to maintain their accounts and provide finance support as needed
- Assist with migration of data if a new finance system is to be installed
- Provide the management team with ad-hoc reports from the accounting system
- Assist with financial analysis
- Assist with the year end audit
- Potential to expand the role into payroll services
What experience are we looking for?
- AAT experience and / or 5 year’s experience in a similar finance role
- Experience of using accounting systems, Xero or similar
- Experience of working within a small finance team
- Experience of processing payroll using payroll software
- Advanced Excel skills preferable, including analysing large data sets
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with various teams within multiple organisations and adapt to their styles
- Excellent organisational skills
Does this sound like the type of role you are looking for? Apply on line to be considered for this position.