NC Associates currently have a superb opportunity for a Legal Cashier to develop their career in the legal finance sector and join an established and fast-growing business based in central Leeds. This is a great opportunity to join an organisation that creates a friendly, relaxed and positive working environment.
Reporting to the Head Cashier and Practice Manager you will take responsibility for:
- Assisting the Cashiers with general banking requirements and liaising with the Firm’s bankers, including deposits and withdrawals of cash and cheques where necessary and arranging the incoming and outgoing TT and BACS payments.
- Issuing receipts for incoming cash, cheques and payments.
- Assisting the Cashiers with checking, coding, posting and payment of Purchase Ledger invoices.
- Assisting in dealing with all matters concerning the Firm’s petty cash.
- Assisting the Cashiers with preparing invoices and credit notes including work in progress and disbursements.
- Checking and correcting all statements produced by the firm.
- Assisting with queries concerning the banking.
- Familiarising yourself and complying with the Solicitors Accounts Rules, Deposit Account Rules, Professional Conduct Rules and any other good practice requirements.
- Operating and complying with any quality procedures the firm operates.
- Complying with any Health & Safety procedures the firm operates.
- Ensuring Money Laundering procedures are adhered to and any suspicious circumstances reported to the MLRO.
NC Associates would be keen to speak to individuals with the following skills and experiences:
- Previous experience of working in a solicitors’ accounts department.
- Prior experience working within a Conveyance team is highly advantageous
- A high level of accountancy/bookkeeping skills.
- A good understanding of the Solicitors’ Accounting Rules.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral communication.
- Great attention to detail.
- Computer literate with an understanding of Microsoft applications.
- Experience of operating a solicitors’ practice management system.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a growing organisation who can add value to your existing experience, this company offers a very attractive salary and benefits package which includes excellent working conditions. Please apply for immediate consideration by sending your CV to Liam Connolly at NC Associates.