Operations Accountant – ACCA, CIMA, Qualified – QBE / Manchester Centre / Permanent Role / £36,000 – £42,000 + Excellent Benefits Including Career Development / Stock Experience Desirable.
NC Associates are working with a market leading manufacturing organisation based in Manchester to recruit an Operations Accountant to be responsible for stock accounting as well as overall balance sheet management and reporting. As an Operations Accountant you will work within a team which will report into the Operations Finance Manager.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Business unit stock reporting, used by senior stakeholders for strategic business decisions
- Stock uplift to standard costs calculations – half year and year end
- Stock provisions for half year and year end
- Monthly stock provisions for Finished / Raw & Packaging stocks
- Budget and forecasts for stock uplift to standard calculations
- Budget for Year End stock revaluations
- End to End process from CAPEX approvals to Fixed Asset capitalisation.
- Monthly settlement to assets under construction
- Monthly depreciation accounting
- Balance Sheet validations, ensuring reconciliation is fully supported and complies with accounting standards.
- All risks/opportunities clearly stated on balance sheet reconciliation & balance sheet review pack
- Accounting for asset disposals through to revenue stage
- Fixed Assets Movements & Fixed Asset Disposals monthly reporting
- Fully supported notes to the Year End accounts
- Preparation of budget and reforecasts for CAPEX and depreciation
- Asset verification program – to ensure all assets are verified over a 3 year period
- Various accruals and prepayment journals – eg manual depreciation for Fixed Assets
- Providing Internal and External Audit with Half Year / Year End data as requested
Balance Sheet Reporting
- Co-ordination of the Balance Sheet Reporting pack (key management tool for senior finance management)
- Management of balance sheet account reconciliation review with all owners across the business
Essential Experience Required
- Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) (Desirable but not Essential)
- Broad finance experience (to include stock accounting)
- People management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Significant process improvement experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a fast paced team, delivering to tight deadlines
- Advanced Excel skills
Whats on Offer?
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a market leading organisation which will certainly give you opportunities for further development / progression, you will also be rewarded with a market leading salary and benefits package as well as excellent central office location. Please apply for immediate consideration by sending your CV to Wayne Caunce at NC Associates or call 0161-711-0816 / 07879-626-501