Payroll Clerk// Chester// Competitive Salary// Successful & Growing Company// Permanent
NC Associates are currently seeking an Payroll Clerk to join an established company in the Chester area. Reporting into the MD and will be responsible for the Payroll within the company as well has having some general accounts experience. The ideal Payroll Clerk will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong numerical skills are essential along with Excel and Word knowledge.
- Reviewing expenses and processing the weekly and monthly payroll
- Dealing with timesheet/invoice/pay queries
- Processing new starters and leavers
- Checking and approving payments before sending to the bank
- Dealing with all aspects of statutory payments and deductions
- Processing forms for external third parties, and DWP enquiries
- Producing and analysing reports
- Advising Employees and Agencies on PAYE and NIC matters
- Reconciliation of payrolls
- Manual Tax and NI Calculations
- Processing payments by BACS
- Previous experience in payroll
- Up to date knowledge of PAYE rules
- Good administration, planning, organising and time management skills with excellent attention to detail
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment with time/deadline awareness
- High level of customer service orientation and able to deal with people at all levels
- Computer skills, including the ability to operate Excel and Word
What’s on Offer?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Payroll Clerk to join a vibrant business that invests heavily into its staff training and development, offering a competitive salary and will suit anyone that is looking for a long term career in payroll. If you have the experience and knowledge please apply for this role now, for immediate consideration.