Job Title: Payroll Team Manager
Salary: £32,000 – £34,000
Are you a Payroll systems expert who is looking to build your people management skills and experiences but cannot get that opportunity currently? Then this role will get you those skills and experiences. You’ll be working in partnership with the Head of Payroll delivering the key systems objectives, alongside managing a team of four Payrollers.
Manage and support the team to ensure the accurate and timely payment for all payrolls, including data input, payroll production and output.
To calculate and submit all PAYE/NI liability payments to HMRC/Revenue by required deadlines.
Complete End of Year submissions, P60 distribution, assist with P11D and PSA reporting requirements.
To regularly update the Head of Payroll on any issues with payment processing.
To communicate effectively both internally and externally, to enable prompt resolution of queries.
To liaise with HR and manage the TUPE Transfers process from a payroll perspective.
To ensure systems and processes are robust to produce accurate, timely and compliant temporary and permanent payroll services for the UK and Ireland businesses.
To ensure that systems information in respect of payroll and pension processing timetables, communications, controls, RTI submissions and year end requirements are available for relevant required deadlines.
To ensure that all payroll output requirements for relevant regulatory returns are generated in a timely manner.
To optimise payroll systems and process to assist in the delivery of a “best in class” service.
Working closely with the Head of Payroll to drive and implement improvements to the payroll processes to ensure faster and more controlled operation..
To work closely with senior finance, HR and business stakeholders on specific analysis or project work as necessary.
To support the Head of Payroll in all areas of the business as required.
To prepare reports for audits and other regulatory requirements as required.
Team Leadership and Management
- Lead, coach and manage employees to ensure all service targets are consistently met / exceeded and the highest levels of customer service are achieved.
- Ensure that the Annual Performance Development Review (PDR) process is fully embedded for the team including development plans and career planning.
- Coach the team to deliver their individual objectives and personal development plans.
- Foster a culture of teamwork, accountability, integrity and innovation to improve business effectiveness and the commitment to the results of the team, ahead of personal interests.
- Undertake regular individual and team meetings to ensure that all members of the team are motivated and challenged to deliver outstanding performance.
- In conjunction with your manager and Human Resources, recruit and select best talent.