Newly created role in a powerhouse Liverpool based organisation. This is your opportunity to join an internationally recognised brand in their head office location within a thriving and productive team. Due to the ongoing success of the team we are seeking an experienced Procurement Specialist who has had exposure to/knowledge of the Tender Process (you do not have to run tenders but to have been a part of the process).
Reporting directly to the Procurement Manager you will be delivering the Procurement Strategy for the business, including achieving savings targets while sourcing the best suppliers and negotiating business focused deals.
Who are we looking for?
You will be a driven and focused Procurement Professional; your experience will either come from CIPS qualification (part or full) or you will be Qualified By Experience (QBE). You will have knowledge of Tenders through your involvement in other roles or from directly being involved in running a tender.
What will you be responsible for?
- Liaising with internal customers to understand their business and requirements
- Liaising with existing and potential suppliers to build relationships and obtain best results
- Market research in line with business requirements in reference to suppliers
- Involvement in the drafting of and issuing of the Tender Invitations to suppliers
- Negotiate on prices and T&Cs
- Work alongside the Finance Managers to understand budgets and savings
- Prepare summary papers
What background are we ideally seeking?
- Professional Procurement team role
- Ideally with a Degree in a Business relation field
- If not already part qualified / qualified with CIPS then willing to study towards
- Experience in a GNFR Procurement role is ideal but not essential
- A team player with a “Can Do” attitude
What are we offering you?
- An internationally recognised organisation that prides itself on still having a “family run” feel.
- Genuine, clear career paths with study encouraged
- Strong salary package
- Free on-site car parking
- Flexible working
Interviews will be in place before Christmas, apply on line now or call me Kelly Maddocks on 0151-203-0152 for a confidential discussion. CV not ready? Unsure about your next move? Don’t worry we are here to help 0151-203-0152