Treasury – Cash & Banking Clerk / Central Manchester / Salary £23,000 + Excellent Benefits / Permanent Role / Excellent Career Opportunity
NC Associates are working exclusively with a market leading organisation to recruit a Treasury-Cash & Banking Clerk to help support the treasury function within the organisation. As a Treasury – Cash & Banking Clerk you will provide accurate reconciliations of all cash & bank activities across all cashbooks. This role will also support the Finance Manager and assist in process improvements.
- Cash & Bank KPIs are reported on a weekly basis and should be met on a weekly basis
- Reconcile all cash takings to the bank statement on a weekly basis, identifying and investigating variances
- Reconcile all the transactions on the bank statement daily, ensuring customer receipts are posted to AR, supplier payments/DDs are posted to AP and other receipts and payments are coded correctly
- Responsible for the month end cashbook close
- Be the first point of contact for bank queries and cash variances/discrepancies resolving them in a timely manner
- Responsible for the period end reconciliation of all cash and bank accounts, all other cash related debtors and debtors and any other balance sheet reconciliation as requested by the Financial Reporting Manager/FC
- Raise Payment runs for all AP ledgers, Commissions, Foreign and Sundry payment, ensure they have the correct level of authorisation in line with Company policy before they are uploaded onto the online banking system.
- Provide payment run forecasts as part of the cash forecasting process
- On a weekly basis ensure all cheques are deposited with the bank. Ensure any cash held on site at Merchants Warehouse is banked in a timely manner (eg floats organised for staff sales and takings from staff sales)
Essential Experience Required
- AAT desirable (Not Essential)
- Excellent excel skills and confident in using excel and finance systems
- Previous experience at working in a Treasury/Cash & Bank role
- Must be a team player
- Is analytical, has an eye for detail, good at problem solving and comfortable working with a high volume of data on a daily basis
Whats on Offer?
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a market leading organisation which can help support your finance career. They offer a market leading salary and benefits package with excellent central location offices. Please apply for immediate consideration by sending your CV to Wayne Caunce at NC Associates or call 0161 711 0816