Assistant Facilities Manager / Manchester Centre / £26-£27 per hour / 3 Month Contract + Possible Extension
NC Associates are working with a public sector organisation based in central Manchester to assist in recruiting an experienced Assistant Facilities Manager on an interim basis. This role will report to the Head of Facilities and will be site based working on a 37.5 hour week across Monday – Friday.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone seeking an interim role providing cohesive Facilities Management support with the possibility of the contract being extended.
The responsibilities of the Assistant Facilities Manager role will include, but are not limited to:
The Assistant Facilities Manager will work as part of the facilities team with responsibility to ensure the efficient and smooth running of the Manchester office, deputising for the Estates and Facilities Manager when required. The post holder will manage the team responsible for the day to day running of the office. This will include maintenance, health and safety, events, reception, facilities, and the travel booking system.
Management and Leadership
- Line management of the facilities team.
- Participate on induction programmes to introduce new staff to the facilities function.
- Support the Estates and Facilities Manager and the Manchester office team and provide back up support for the London based facilities team.
- Contribute to the delivery of strategy and business plans.
- Identify, develop, and implement new proposals, procedures, and improvements to the facilities functions.
- Act as first point of contact for facilities enquiries that arise and also act as escalation point for the facilities services on site.
- Liaise with staff and contractors on complex and potentially sensitive issues in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts e.g., staff, contractors, suppliers, and landlord.
- Represent the directorate at meetings and at external events.
- Provide detailed progress reports, including contributing to Board reports and updates for the website as required.
- Identify timely and accurate changes to the facilities page on the intranet.
Planning and Organisation
- Ensure consistency in approaches to improvements of procedures in activities.
- Contribute and adhere to the health and safety policy and procedures.
- Assist with the recruitment of facilities staff.
- Maintain the facilities pages of the intranet.
- Deputise for the Estates and Facilities Manager at meetings with building management and tenants.
- Manage the facilities team workload, ensuring work is delivered within deadlines.
- Manage and organise reception cover as required liaising with cross-departmental administrators.
- Deputise for the Estates and Facilities Manager as required.
Financial and Physical Resources
- Assist with the monitoring of Manchester facilities budget.
- Responsible for purchase order approval up to £2000 for purchases relating to the office.
- Contribute to budgetary planning for the office.
- Monitor and maintain Manchester office equipment, arrange repairs and replacements as required.
- Keep up to date with building management and local area news.
- Maintain the site security system.
- Review desks usage for the office and undertake annual workstation reviews.
- Gather and analyse information and provide support for facilities management projects and refurbishment needs for the office.
- Keep up to date with health and safety legislation for the office and standards and best practice in own area of work.
- Set up and improve office systems to ensure a more efficient service in line with head office procedures where possible.
- Implement and maintain office procedure manual and guides.
- Ensure that office security and health and safety procedures are documented and are accessible to staff.
Training and Development
- Run induction and training sessions on facilities functions and conduct health and safety and fire safety tours.
- Undertake continuing personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job.
- Participate in appropriate training and development activities and encourage and support the development and training of other staff.
- Adhere to policies and procedures, e.g., health and safety, equality, diversity, and inclusion.
- Influence external contractors to comply with preferred ways of working and policy.
- Frequent physical effort may be required, e.g., moving tables, chairs and rewiring of workstations.
The post holder will be required to travel occasionally to meetings at the head office and at external venues, which may include an overnight stay.
At times the post holder may be required to attend the site outside of usual business hours to respond to emergencies and to supervise essential out of hour’s works.
Key essential criteria of the Assistant Facilities Manager:
- Knowledge of health and safety issues
- Understanding of procurement procedures
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Flexible attitude to working environment and ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- This role is predominantly office-based which requires a level of physical activity (such as room set up and health and safety checks).
Previous experience within:
- Office management
- Health and safety
What’s on Offer?
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a reputable and growing organisation which offer incredible benefits and possible contract extensions. Please apply for immediate consideration by sending your CV to Melanie Jones at NC Associates or call 0113 487 1900 / 07884 090 639.