Purchase Ledger CIS Manager/ CIS/ Construction Sector/ Industry Leading Business/ Excellent Business Culture and Benefits/ Career Progression/ Free On Site Parking/ Close to All Major Transport Links.
I am looking for a Purchase Ledger Manager to oversee my industry leading clients, growing CIS team. This position will suit a people focussed leader who is committed to supporting an experienced and well-established team to maximise results through a period of business growth and development.
You will require previous people management experience in addition to end-to-end Purchase Ledger and CIS accounting experience, gained within the construction sector. This is a genuinely exciting time to join a continually evolving business.
This is currently an office based position, however my client can offer a number of excellent onsite amenities. Flexibility in working hours is available. Hybrid working is to be introduced in 2024.
- Implement and maintain efficient accounts payable procedures and processes, identifying opportunities for process improvement and automation.
- To manage and lead a growing team of CIS Accounts Payable clerks, providing guidance, training, and support on the Construction Industry Scheme and attached processes.
- Lead in the implementation of new accounts software and payment systems.
- Oversee the processing and verification of supplier invoices, to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Review and approve payment multiple payment runs, ensuring timely and accurate payments to subcontractors and suppliers within agreed terms.
- Oversee the Reconciliation of supplier statements and resolve any escalated discrepancies or issues.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with sub-contractors and suppliers, resolving escalated payment-related queries as required to support strong vendor relationships.
- Collaborate with the Senior Finance Team to ensure accurate financial reporting and compliance with accounting standards.
- Monitor and control departmental costs, continually seeking opportunities to reduce expenses and improve cost efficiency.
- Assist in the preparation of month-end and year-end financial statements and monthly tax returns, providing supporting data and reports for financial analysis.
- Ensure compliance with tax regulations in relation to accounts payable and CIS.
- Manage and oversee the Sub-contractor payable ledger and maintain accurate financial records.
- Previous experience in an Accounts Payable Manager/ Supervisor role
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team to achieve excellent results.
- Experience of CIS and construction sector accounting is essential.
- Full working knowledge of Construction Industry Scheme accounting rules and compliance
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, tax regulations, and financial reporting standards.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and computerised systems skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks for the team to meet business needs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for building and maintaining strong Sub-Contractor and supplier relationships.
- Ability to analyse data and make informed decisions to improve processes and control costs.
- Knowledge of best practice for CIS
- Experience of system and process improvements, committed to continual developments.
- The ability to work in a fast paced and high-volume environment.
- The desire to contribute to an excellent organisation’s evolution and development.
If you are looking for an opportunity to lead and develop a CIS team within an organisation that can offer you a defined career plan, please submit your CV or call Rosie with any questions on 07384462669 #NCA1
We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome all applicants of identity, personal characteristics, or background.