Payroll Administrator/ Payroll and Sales Ledger Duties / Study Support/ Career Development/ Excellent Benefits/ Annual Company Bonus
I am working on a vacancy for a Payroll Administrator on behalf of my South Manchester based client. Working as part of a team reporting to the Payroll Seniors, the Administrator will have responsibility for the accurate and timely completion of payroll and other payroll-related tasks. This is a varied role with aspects of sales ledger, payroll, cash allocation, expenses, and credit control.
I am keen to speak to candidates from an administrative background, looking to define their career in Payroll. My client is happy to review candidates who have previous payroll/ sales ledger experience and candidates earlier on in their career who are looking to make their first steps into this role – A full study support and training package will be provided.
- Assessment of correct PAYE and National Insurance being levied on each payslip
- Ensuring P45/P46 information is correctly input and disclosed
- Ensuring personal deductions are correctly calculated and disclosed on each timesheet (e.g.) CSA, attachment of earnings
- Process advances in accordance with the policy at the request of the client
- Understanding of multiple different pay dates and ensuring that all employees are paid within agreed client terms.
- Raise invoices and remittances for payroll services – Ensuring these are sent out to clients in a timely manner
- Expenses processing
- Pension contribution processing
- Gaining understanding of the elements of a payslip including employment income, holiday pay, commission, all deduction types and if they pre or post tax in order to offer an excellent level of service
- Matching the receipts in bank to the sales ledger entries to payments received by clients and ensuring all receipts are paid in a timely manner
- Chasing of outstanding client payments
- Provide excellent customer service and be able to respond to any enquiries in a courteous, professional, and efficient manner
- Ensure that all HMRC documentation is accurate and submitted in a timely manner
- Ensure that all relevant documentation is sent out to employees prior to them starting their assignment
- Monitoring the Payroll inbox and responding to queries effectively and efficiently
- Previous experience in an administrative role (Payroll understanding/ exposure is advantageous although not essential)
- Positive and proactive mentality – Somebody that can work well as part of a large, friendly team
- Methodical and detail focussed with a high degree of attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills – ability to work to multiple time targets
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Excel and computerised system skills
- Desire to progress within a payroll position
- Committed to process improvement
If this role is of interest to you and you have the relevant skills and experience outlined above, Please contact Rosie on 07384462669 to discuss further.