Receptionist / Administrator / Manchester / £10.00 – £12.00 Per Hour + Excellent Benefits / 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
NC Associates are working with a public sector organisation based in Manchester city centre to recruit and experienced Receptionist / Administrator to join their established Front of House Department. This role will report to the Building and Facilities Manager and will provide you with a 6-month fixed term contract to showcase your true skills and potential.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who thrives meeting new people and being the face of the business in a front of house, client facing role.
The responsibilities of the Receptionist / Administrator role will include, but are not limited to:
Receptionist / Administrator
- Ensure that the reception area is welcoming for all visitors and staff.
- Organise couriers as and when requested and in receipt of appropriate authorisation.
- Accept all deliveries on behalf of the Manchester office and ensure efficient despatch to the appropriate department.
- Update and maintain the office procedure documents.
- Provide efficient and effective administrative support to team members.
- Take and write the minutes of team and project meetings.
- Organise meetings, teleconferences, video conferences and other events.
- Work on own initiative and communicate closely with the Office Administrator.
- Manage third party room bookings and assist with the day to day running of the third-party meeting (catering, guests etc.).
- Identify opportunities for improvement and efficiency in area of work.
- Diary and meeting room management for rooms, audio-visual equipment and catering arrangements.
- Update the intranet, provide handovers and cover along with a first-class service to staff, tenants, and visitors.
- Handle access requests.
- Assist and signpost visitors including those for the sub tenants, ensuring signing-in process is adhered to. Ensure all visitors, including staff not based at the Manchester office, are issued with a security pass and that appropriate staff members are informed when the guests arrive.
- Implement improvements and changes to facilities team processes.
- Faxing, filing and electronic / paper filing, handle incoming and outgoing mail for the tenants.
- Ensure safe storage of facilities equipment.
- Book travel and accommodation on behalf of the organisation, adhering to the travel policy and procedures.
- Investigate and request refunds against unused, cancelled and replacement train tickets.
- Procure and maintain stock for the staff café and hospitality supplies for meetings ensuring best value.
- Set up the meeting rooms ensuring crockery, refreshments and other items required for the meeting have been appropriately laid out.
- Check and procure catering requirements to facilitate meetings with external guests.
- Ensure requirements for meetings have been requested appropriately. Reject catering in line with policy, confer with meeting organiser on omissions and manage expectations, procuring additional catering on an ad hoc basis in line with the events needs and company policy.
Training and Development
- Assist in the induction and training of new members of the team.
- Undertake continuing professional development to meet the changing demands of the job.
- Participate in appropriate training and development activities and encourage and support the development and training of other staff.
- Undertake any other duties at the request of the line manager which are commensurate with the role, including project work, absence cover or new initiatives.
- Establish new procedures as directed by line managers.
Requirements of the Receptionist / Administrator:
- Good organisational skills
- Experience working in a busy office environment
- Flexibility to work shift patterns (Monday – Friday between the hours of 08:30 to 17:30)
- Ability to act on own initiative and work unsupervised
- An understanding and commitment to equality and diversity
- Ability to co-ordinate and prioritise work on different projects to meet deadlines which maybe conflicting
- Experience of customer care and dealing with the public
What’s on Offer?
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a reputable and prestigious public sector organisation which offer incredible benefits and a professional yet down to yet working environment. Please apply for immediate consideration by sending your CV to Melanie Jones at NC Associates or call 0113 487 1900 / 07884 090 639.