Senior Legal Cashier/ Legal Sector/ Team Leadership/ Agile Working (3 Days Office/ 2 Days WFH)/ Excellent Benefits/ 26 Days Holiday + BH’s
I am working on behalf of an award-winning legal firm who due to increased business demands require a Senior Legal Cashier to support all cashiering duties and oversee a small team. This is an ideal opportunity for somebody with relevant experience who is keen to grow their role inline with my clients business growth plans.
Working hours are Mon – Fri 0900-1730 and this will be on an agile basis (split between home and office-based work)
The successful applicant will require previous experience in an end-to-end Legal Cashiers capacity, previous team leadership experience and will need to be able to work in a fast paced and busy Legal Finance Department.
- Undertaking all aspects of legal cashiering for a busy Solicitors Practice including client money controls, bank reconciliations and payment processing
- Development and supervision of a small cashier’s team – Identifying and supporting training needs, delegating workflow, supporting the finance manager with 121s, etc.
- Supporting financial and commercial functions for the business
- Maintain a robust and organised cashiering function
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all payments and TTs sent and received
- Working to develop and continually enhance existing banking and cashiering processes, implementing strong controls where possible.
- Monitoring daily bank balances
- Supervision of the operation of the SRA client money rules
- Preparation of reconciliations, reports, and ad hoc information as reasonably requested
- Occasionally assisting with Accounts Payable and Credit Control processes as required
- Undertake any further work, tasks or projects as reasonably requested by the Finance Manager or Finance Director
- Previous experience within a busy Legal Accounts office in the capacity as a Legal Cashier
- Previous team leadership exposure
- Ability to motivate and develop others
- Ability to identify training needs and process improvement opportunities
- Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to work to targets in a time pressured environment
- Excellent degree of attention to detail
- Up to date with all Legal Accounts Legislation and Solicitors Accounting Rules
- Excellent Microsoft Office and accounting software skills
- Client service-oriented approach
- Proactive and motivated mentality towards work
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- A calm, professional and welcoming approach to tasks and team members
- Ability to plan and control activities to meet objectives
- An excellent team player
- Some occasional travel to other business sites may be required
If you have the skills and experience detailed above and are seeking a new challenge that will enable you to build upon your current Legal Cashiering skills, I am very keen to speak with you. Please call Rosie on 0734462669 for further information or submit your CV for immediate consideration