Accounts Financial Controller / £35,000 – £40,000 / Chester / Permanent
NC Associates are currently recruiting for a hospitality experienced Assistant Financial Controller to be part of their Head Office accounts team on a full time and permanent basis. This role will report into the Group Financial Controller, and will involve producing management accounts for five sites within the hotel group.
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts across our 5 sites including Profit and Loss account and Balance Sheet.
- Control of the cash & banking function of the sites through the maintenance of the daily income audit, monitoring of the cash handling procedures throughout the property and providing training where appropriate, managing petty cash & ordering.
- Responsibility for reconciliations and revenue control
- Responsibility for credit and debtor control
- Provide support to the Group Financial Controller, supervising a small team in the absence of the FC.
- Journal postings, supporting the FC with preparation of financial statements and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Supervise, train and motivate Finance department employees helping them to have a clear understanding of their duties and responsibilities.
- To maximise the cash flow performance of the sites through controls on inventory, credit and payment collection.
- Other ad hoc roles as would reasonably be expected of an experienced Assistant Financial Controller.
To be successful in your application for this role you will have the following
- Solid hospitality industry experience with extensive experience in assisting with hotel management accounts
- Strong commercial awareness
- Confident and effective communicator as you will be communicating with different employees across the group.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome all applicants of identity, personal characteristics, or background.